Global Gamers is an IRC network that was formed on one simple concept: gaming should be fun! Whether you live for annihilating the competition in a free-for-all FPS or you sneak in a game of Solitaire when your friends aren't watching, we understand. We know games are there to be enjoyed, and we don't want to complicate something that's supposed to be a source of entertainment.
Global Gamers (or simply "GG") is dedicated to making IRC fun and easy for everyone. The Community Team is a group of individuals who work with communities on GG with anything from channel management advice to event promotion. The Development Team is continuously working to further enhance the GG experience for everyone by adding new capabilities or simplifying existing functionality to minimize any learning curve.
Among the unique aspects that define Global Gamers, some of the highlights include:
- Account-based access with multiple nickname registration and memo communication
- Self-channel registration
- Advanced channel spam protection features included in ChanServ
- Clan-oriented features to help clans find other clans to play against
- Quote database, per-channel and network-wide, with commands included in ChanServ
- Community Team to assist with event promotion and coordination (with special services for Q&A chat sessions), community building, and other community-related help
- Self-service G-line removal in the case of accidentally exceeding the connection limit without a Trust
- And the list goes on!
Joining the fun on Global Gamers is easy! If you are already familiar with an IRC client, you can connect to one of the following load-balancing hosts:
- irc.globalgamers.net (All available servers)
- us.globalgamers.net (North American servers only if available)
- eu.globalgamers.net (European servers only if available)
If you would like assistance with setting up your IRC client to use Global Gamers, the Getting Started guide is a great place to begin. You may also use GG without needing to install an IRC client by visiting the GG Webchat page.
All of our staff members are helpful and experienced, and we have dealt with everything from IRC trivia games to the latest console releases and even old-fashioned tabletop geekery and text-based adventure games. We believe the users are what make a network great, and no staff member is better than any other user on the network -- after all, without other users, there would be no need for staff members! Above all, we strive to treat every user with respect and approach issues from a rational point of view.
Global Gamers is also the home of UTChat, which is the default IRC network for the Unreal Tournament in-game chat clients, and GameRadius, the home of North American competitive UT players. If you're a fan of the UT franchise, you're likely to find some fun and friends in #UT.
As of February 2011, the ReplayIRC network joined the Global Gamers family, bringing another great community to the network.