Home | Networks | Community | Need Help? 

Quick search

RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Remove from index

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchIRC Forum Index -> IRC Admin Assistance
j0nnymoe
none
none

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2012 10:23am    Post subject: Remove from index Reply with quote

Hi,

Please could I get my network BabbleIRC removed from the indexing as at some stage it is planned to be merged into another network.

Thanks
PingBad
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2012 3:41pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to determine that the request is legitimate, we ask that the operators/administrators for the network ban the indexing bots (that way we know that it's an official request and not some third party trying to get a "competing" network delisted - not accusing you of doing this, just stating it for the record).

Don't worry though, the bots don't - yet - have feelings
Bertrum
Eleet
Eleet

PostPosted: Jan 07, 2012 5:22am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PingBad wrote:
Don't worry though, the bots don't - yet - have feelings

When I banned scrawl from nixtrixirc when we renamed to paradoxirc, it never came back, so it must have been upset Razz
D3M0N
Idler
Idler

PostPosted: Jan 08, 2012 4:55pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your network is planning on merging with another net, simply ban the scrawl bots on your network and we, the SearchIRC Staff, will eventually edit the index page to state that it has merged! Smile
j0nnymoe
none
none

PostPosted: Jan 10, 2012 7:42am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for your help Smile merge still hasnt gone through yet but will update when its done
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchIRC Forum Index -> IRC Admin Assistance All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Forum powered by phpBB

© 2000 - 2008 EverythingIRC, Inc. All rights reserved. Please read our disclaimer