Home | Networks | Community | Need Help? 

Quick search

RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Neostats - Time To Move On

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchIRC Forum Index -> IRCD & Network Services
SATAN-HHH
Eleet
Eleet

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2008 2:25am    Post subject: Neostats - Time To Move On Reply with quote

This is a post that was made on the NeoStats webpage by fish, I just thought I'd pass it along to here for imformative reasons and to see what people in the SearchIrc community's thoughts would be. Original context can be found at http://www.neostats.net/boards/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2680

Time to move on
by Fish on Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:43 pm

Hi All,
As regulars would have noticed, things have slowed down even further this past month on NeoStats Development side.

Several major changes have happened in my life and one of them is the sale of my Web-hosting business, as well as preparing for getting married, and buying a house.

With the sale of my web-hosting business, it means that I'm no longer earning any income to support the co-location of the server I have dedicated to NeoStats. With that loss of income and having to save up for a wedding and house, ive decided that I have to cease the colocation of the NeoStats server. I've just paid up for another 3 months for the server, so it will be around for a bit longer.

But of course, I also have very little time right now for anything other than work and wedding planning. So, I've decided to finally acknowledge that its time to give up on NeoStats.

I'm not sure what Mark and DNB are thinking, but all of us have only been doing a bit of work lately on NeoStats. So, I'll leave this site up for as long as I can, and when I finally shut down the server, hopefully we can find a new home for the forums. I'll also move the Subversion repositories somewhere else where other people can grab the source and continue the Development if they want to. I'm going to retain the domain name for now, till I see something solid if someone else takes up development, then pass it to them.

So, thanks for the last 10 years! I do hope that NeoStats will live on in some way or form, and if it does, maybe I'll come back in the future and contribute a bit to it.

Cheers

Justin!
Fish
----------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchIRC Forum Index -> IRCD & Network Services All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Forum powered by phpBB

© 2000 - 2008 EverythingIRC, Inc. All rights reserved. Please read our disclaimer