Home | Networks | Community | Need Help? 

Quick search

RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Site Administration sucks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchIRC Forum Index -> Suggestions / Comments
twiggz

PostPosted: May 07, 2008 7:04am    Post subject: Site Administration sucks. Reply with quote

Most of these people on this website need to get off their damn high horse, i get flamed constantly because i requested a warez network so i paste a log of a searchirc user joining my network embarrassing himself and it gets removed? Thats crap. Who needs this site.....Pingbad..just ban me or whatever it is your almighty self does in situations like this.
greg27
Idler
Idler

PostPosted: May 07, 2008 9:01am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry mate, but you really can't post about doing illegal things (and claim that it's not illegal) and not expect people to argue with you.
Willaim
Idler
Idler

PostPosted: May 07, 2008 11:45am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but the a good majority of users here do not allow warez on their network. They are very opinionated about illegal activity and the types of users it brings.
twiggz

PostPosted: May 07, 2008 12:33pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But a good number of these networks registered on this site do allow warez. I didnt ask for anyones whiney ass opinion on if its legal or illegal or right or wrong. I simply asked for a file sharing channel to come to my network, people need to grow up and quit being little whiney treehugging wave the flag and save the whales morons. Dont flame me if you dont want to be flamed back. Dont kill my logs of a searchirc user whose trying to be billybadass on my network making a fool of himself after he flames me. Thats not right. I think people on this website should have a right to know how these searchirc users really are on irc.
Mary
SearchIRC Admin
SearchIRC Admin

PostPosted: May 07, 2008 1:18pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twiggz, just to clarify: The channel listings you see on SearchIRC come directly from the networks. Each network has its own rules about warez and other illegal activities.

Searchirc.com has rules governing this site and this forum. Our moderators are in charge of deleting any post that violates our rules. If you click on Forum Rules to the left, you will read:

Quote:
Nothing illegal:
Debate all you want. But no help, directions, advice, urls, etc. designed to assist anyone with illegal activities, will be allowed on the forums.

If you violated the rules and PingBad deleted your post, then he's just doing exactly what he is supposed to do.

As for a "SearchIRC user" on your network... we get over 40,000 visits per day and most of them search for and connect to channels. I HOPE we're bringing people to the networks... otherwise we're all wasting our time here, right? Beyond that we have no more control over or claim to any user than Kahlid does if a visitor to your network happens to be using mIRC. That is, NONE. If a user misbehaves, flex your O line and ban them.
twiggz

PostPosted: May 07, 2008 2:15pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol mary, first of all, he didnt delete my post....just a log of [Rav3n] making a complete idiot of himself in my channel, and well, why gline him when i find his antics amusing? He flamed my thread...then flamed me on my network.....Id like him to come back so we can all make some more fun of him.
Jason
SearchIRC Developer
SearchIRC Developer

PostPosted: May 07, 2008 3:03pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twiggz wrote:
lol mary, first of all, he didnt delete my post....just a log of [Rav3n] making a complete idiot of himself in my channel, and well, why gline him when i find his antics amusing? He flamed my thread...then flamed me on my network.....Id like him to come back so we can all make some more fun of him.

Please familiarize yourself with the forum rules:

http://searchirc.com/forum-rules.php

Quote:
Attack ideas, not people:

This is okay: "Your idea won't work."
This is not okay: "You are an idiot."

This also includes trolling (defined as posting specifically for the purpose of provoking a negative response from someone)

No naming names:

This site isn't here for you to complain about others. No one cares if someone flooded your channel. If you have something constructive to say (such as how to prevent an attack), feel free to post, but don't post nicknames, real names or ip addresses.
PingBad
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostPosted: May 07, 2008 6:26pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I missed this in "Latest Posts", but I might as well reply...

Posting logs on a forum is pointless - logs can be doctored way too easily. And as jason has said in previous times, SearchIRC isn't a place to randomly complain about events *on* IRC (however, I might add a notable exception of, say, a spamflood and information posted pertaining to the flood along with solutions to prevent being the next victim of the flood are more than welcome in my books)

Now, as for moderation - I do as little as I can, not because I'm lazy, but because I don't want to stifle an opinion unless that opinion can have a direct negative influence upon the rest of the userbase (aka: start a flamewar where it turns into nothing but childish petty namecalling, backstabbing and all the other crap that belongs in a toddler's sandbox).
Safer_Sephiroth
none
none

PostPosted: May 12, 2008 12:26pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twiggz, if the searchirc user was staff, why not PM the staff about it? That would be more helpful. If the user is not staff, then there is nothing SearchIRC can do unless you were harassed -here- on these forums. Do what any IRCop has to do when people flame and give the person das boot from your network and move on. As others have said, unless the problem is here on SearchIRC or there is a problem with a staff member who harassed you on your network, there really is nothing they can do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchIRC Forum Index -> Suggestions / Comments All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Forum powered by phpBB

© 2000 - 2008 EverythingIRC, Inc. All rights reserved. Please read our disclaimer